Posted by revkharma on November 9, 2014
We have seen a new name floated for AG, Loretta Lynch is a prosecutor from NY.
Without question, she will be biased and partisan. That is part of the deal with this administration.
A few questions should be asked, in my opinion.
1. Do you support the current goals and plans to administratively refuse to prosecute immigration crimes, and will you support executive amnesty?
2. How will your deep ties to the Clinton Administration and your representation of Bill and Hillary Clinton during the Whitewater investigations affect your objectivity?
3. If presented with information and evidence which implicates those who preceded you in this office in potentially illegal or unconstitutional acts during the gun walking, or IRS investigations would you be willing to prosecute such former administration actors?
4. Will you state now, for the record, that you support a fair and neutral application and interpretation of EEOC and 14th amendment issues, and agree to follow truly race blind policies and practices while conducting the business of the United States as Attorney General?
5. What is your position on and interpretation on the Second Amendment?
Think anyone in either party would have the C O Jones to ask those questions during confirmation hearings?
If so, think there is a chance in hell of getting any of them answered?
Posted in administrative power, Attorney General, Big Government, Bill of Rights, Cabinet, Civil liberties, condron.us, Constitution, Democrats | Tagged: Attorney General, Bill of Rights, civil rights, Clinton, Congress, Constitution, Democrats, Obama, race politics | Leave a Comment »
Posted by revkharma on February 18, 2009
I will have more to say later, I’m a bit pressed for time right now.
But I have to get this out, even though it’s short.
Today Attorney General Eric holder spoke to employees in the context of Black History Month. He is reported to have said : ( full text here)
…in things racial we have always been and continue to be, in too many ways, essentially a nation of cowards.
…average Americans, simply do not talk enough with each other about race.
I’m sorry, but with all due respect to the office, this man is either stupendously ignorant or colossally disingenuous. Remember during the campaing, The Great and Powerful Obama took to the lectern to give a hugely important speech about race. We have simply not STOPPED discussing it!
More on the racial politics angle later.
Keep the Faith
Posted in Democrats, Obama, Obama Administration | Tagged: attorney general speech, Eric Holder is a dunce, Holder and race, race politics | Leave a Comment »